Sunday, October 23, 2011

October 7, 2011
 
Kumusta!
Wow! I cannot believe how fast the days go by here! So so busy. I'm sorry if my spelling is hideous. It seems to be getting worse and worse as I learn more Tagalog. It is crazy how fast we are all learning it. I sometimes feel like I am not learning as quick as I should be but then I realize it has been nine days and I am praying and bearing my testimony in Tagalog and starting to learn how to form senteces- so that's actually pretty amazing. They changed the ciriculum so we actually never teach a lesson in english. We have had an "investegator" since our third day and we have taught him four times. It hasn't gone too bad, but it is really hard not being able to understand 90% of what he says. I have learned a lot about how important it is to just focus on building relationships in order to help others the best way possible. This is coming from all aspects of the MTC though, not just the classroom. I have learned so many valuable life changing things so far and I haven't even been here for two weeks. I can't imagine what it's going to be like after 18 months!
The schedule here is really tight and it was so nice to finally have our first preperation day today. Unfourtunately I poped a rib out of place yesterday schooling the elders at basketball so I had to go to the chiroprator off campus and it took three hours, so sorry if my other letters home are short. But other than that today has been nice to get things done. Speaking of elders- I love my district! It's like I have ten little brothers. I was worried that they were all going to drive me crazy, but they have been so much fun to be around. Every once and a while they will call me Sister Lola (grandma in tagalog) it's kinda cute actually and I can tell that some of them real value my opinion. I love to see how spiritual they can be one moment and then how funny they are the next. A few of the other sister in my zone have played college sports as well and it's so fun to hear the elders brag about how cool their sisters are to other people. We were playing softball this week and I kinda dove to catch a ball and all the elders jaws hit the field when I caught it. So funny.
Sister Allen is still my bestie here. We have to help each other be patient :) I am so grateful for the relationships I have been able to build here so far. My companion and I are still getting to know each other (she is so so quiet!) but I think it is getting better. My roommates sister sharp and sister ycmat are great! We crack up every single night. We all have so many inside jokes that I can't keep them all straight. I'm glad that all of the sisters, and most of the elders too are so laid back and fun loving. I think it is a quality that must be common in the philippino people. I'm excited to find out even though it is going to be so sad when I leave the MTC and all my new friends. I am the only sister here that will be going to San Pablo.
Well I don't have any time left. :( I love you all! and miss you a ton!
Mahal Kita!!!!
Sister Morton

No comments:

Post a Comment