Monday, October 10, 2011


KUMUSTA!!!!
I actually just sent you a letter yesterday because I thought we wouldn't be able to email until next Friday (which will be our preparation days will be on from now on) But SURPRISE I can email you today! I am doing good, really tired and my brain is overloaded, but really good. I cannot believe how fast the language is coming. We had to teach our first investigator yesterday in TAGALOG! Yup day 2 and a half and we had to try to teach in Tagalog. It was really rough but we were able to get through it, and if you ask me I think we did a pretty good job at it. So we is myself and my companion (kamasa) Sister Funaki. She is from Tonga! There are a few cultural differences that are taking some getting used to, but she is so sweet and very caring. We are trying to get used to the schedule, which is proving to be difficult :) I feel like I am rushing around everywhere and we have so many books and papers I am always misplacing things. But things are really good and I'm so happy to be here! The sisters in my zone are so fun and I have already made some good friends. The Elders are great too! We will have really spiritual meetings and it's only later in the cafeteria when I hear them talking about Star Wars and Top Gear that I remember how much younger they really are. For the most part everyone in my zone has a strong desire to serve the Lord and strive to do their best. It is great!!!
We have had so many am zing opportunities to feel the Spirit. I have never felt the Spirit so strong and it is so comforting to know that I am where I am supposed to be. I am so so so grateful that I am one of the oldest here. I've realized that my experiences have, and will be able to help others I meet along the way. Because I am older and it has taken me so long to get to this point it is so much easier for me to be obedient and have a positive attitude because I realize just how precious this gift of being able to be a missionary really is. I am so grateful for my Savior and the love I feel from Him. I didn't realize that when I put on my name tag, I would be instantly receiving the extra blessings of discernment and guidance. It really is incredible to feel myself being guided by the Spirit. The first full day I met Sister Allen. She is the only other Sister in our zone with an international companion but her companion is Samoan and doesn't speak English and she is from Cedar Hills! I could tell that she was struggling and so I gave her a hug and she just started crying. She is doing better now and she so great! Our companions can communicate with each other so we have spent a lot of time together and she is becoming a great friend and her first name is Kimberly ha ha :) I guess it was meant to be. I've just wanted to be able to call everyone I love and tell them how amazing it is and how that the Spirit is so strong! I have to go but I love you so so so so much!!!! Thanks for all your love and support!!
MAHAL KITA! (LOVE YOU)
Sister Morton

No comments:

Post a Comment