Sunday, October 23, 2011

Oct 21, 2011
 
Kumusta!
I cannot believe it has been another week already. Everyone that told me the days felt like weeks in the mtc and the weeks felt like days was right. It is so crazy how time works here! I am almost half way through my MTC stay- CRAZY!!!! This week was really great. Elder Richard G.Scott came to talk to us on Tuesday, I love having Sister Allen as a companion and the language is coming along more and more each day. I'm finally starting to feel better too. (It feels like I have been sick forever when each day feels like a week :)
Elder Scott is my FAVORITE! He was the speaker at our devotional on Tuesday night and it was so great. He talked a lot about prayer and it was just what I needed to hear. He also talked a lot about how we are called to exactly where we need to be. I know that I am supposed to be going to the Philippines. I am so excited! It is really interesting getting to know all the other missionaries who are also going to the Philippines. We all seem to have similar personalities- fun loving and kinda laid back, and all of us tend to goof off probably a little more than we should. Don't worry though- since I'm the grandma I'm pretty good at keeping our elders in line :) Elder Scott talked about what our goals should be when return home from our missions as well. He said, talking to the sisters, that we will all be blessed for serving missions and our future families will be blessed more than we can know because of our missions. It was so sweet and so great to hear. He also gave all the missionaries an apostolic blessing over the pulpit- so amazing.
Sister Allen is the best! I love having her as a companion. We are on the same page and it's so nice having someone with me all the time that has the same goals. We are getting the hang of teaching together. Yesterday was great. We taught our "investigator" and it went well and then to the TRC last night and it was amazing! We are finally able to (kinda) put sentences together, and even though it is in really choppy, horribly pronounced Tagalog it is coming! We were excited to say the least and our feed back from all the volunteers was really encouraging.
Thanks for all the letters and packages I received this week. I feel so loved and all the Elders are jealous that I get so many packages. They love it too though because I all was share, because we all know that's what grandmas do :) Well I'm out of time, but I love you all thanks for all your love and support!!!!!
MAHAL KITA!
Sister Morton
**I just did spell check and WOW my spelling is getting worse and I'm blaming it on the Tagalog!

No comments:

Post a Comment