Wednesday, March 14, 2012

March 4, 2012

WOW! Thank you for all the birthday wishes!!!! I can't believe I will be 28 tomorrow!!! Crazy. This week was also kinda crazy. My companion was transfered and I got a new companion this morning- Sister Rombaoa! She is SO NICE!!! We've only been companions for a couple of hours so no pics yet, but she is by far the smallest companion out of the 5 other companions that I have. Yup I'm averaging about a month a companion. Ha ha! But seriously I think I was her size in 2nd grade. I'm excited for this week though. There is always an adjustment period with new companions and I have been in that phase since Sister Gallagher left. Needless to say, I am excited to get working with her!

So I have been doing a lot of thinking this past week. Last week it had been two years since I decided to start going back to church and really figure out if the church was true, and now I am a missionary. I really loved the talk last conference about climbing up the mountain and taking breaks to look back at the view and how far they had climbed. I realized this week that I have spent my whole mission so far looking up at the rest of the mountain I need to climb. I have been so focused on trying to become the missionary I want to be I haven't been enjoying the view and looking back at how far I have come. I did this week though and it's been so incredible. I honestly cannot believe the change in my life from 2 years ago, even just 6 months ago, and even in the last month. It has all been because of one person, Christ. When we focus on Him, not only does everything work out perfectly, we can be happy even through our roughest weeks. I am so so grateful for my mission and to be able to learn and most importantly apply so many important things to my life. I am so grateful for the relationships that I have been able to create and the ones I have been able to strengthen. These have been my biggest blessings. Most importantly I am overwhelmingly grateful for the relationship I have been able to create and strengthen with my Savior, and see lives change when they draw nearer unto Him. I love you ALL! and I am so grateful for all your love and support!!!!

MAHAL NA MAHAL KO kAYO LAHAT!!!

Sister Morton

No comments:

Post a Comment