Friday, February 24, 2012

February Lindon 11th Ward Newsletter

Kumusta! Oh my goodness I am so tired! But so so great!!!! I'm sorry I am writing a day later than normal and I hope that you weren't too wor-ried that I was run over by a jeepney or something, ha ha. We had three appointments yesterday and with all the other p-day activities– grocer-ies, laundry, cleaning the apartment, we didn't have time for emails.

I cannot even begin to tell you how much I love Sister Gallagher! It feels like we have been companions for months. We have been working our tails off and had 10 more lessons this week than any other week since I have been in the Pines. I am so exhausted and I really don't feel like I should be so happy, but I am. :) I am learning so so much and Sister Gal-lagher is forcing me to speak Tagalog. I am noticing the language slowly start-ing to improve. The biggest/most im-portant thing I am learning from her is how to follow the Spirit. She is an amazing teacher and just knows how to follow promptings. I am so lucky to have her as my companion for her last transfer!!!!

Other exciting news- We had been teaching Jerwin at the church and this week we were able to set up an appointment at his house. We met his Sister Joanna and she is really interested and we have started to teach her as well. So cool!

We have also had some success with our less active members. Last night we had FHE with my favorite family in the Pines- I LOVE THEM! The mom and the 3 oldest children are members but all less active and then the dad, the 10 and 12 year old boys are non members and then they have a 6 and a 4 year old boy. They are so cute and I can slowly see them starting to come around. I met them the week after I got here and the dad wouldn't even acknowledge us, but now he is listening in on the lessons and participated in FHE last night. It was so funny. At the end of the night he was like "Okay I'm done now, in the name of Je-sus Christ Amen." Ha ha, at least we know that he is listening to at least a part of our lesson :) I love teach-ing them and I can see them becoming more and more united as a family.

Well... I've had a thousand other cool/new experiences this week, but not enough time to write. I have learned something so valuable this week though- no matter what happens, if we have faith and trust in God, and the do everything we can to do our part then EVERYTHING works out. It might not always work out the way we see it, but I've noticed if I really look for the reason things go the way they do, I find that it all works out much better than I could have planned. I have seen this happen multiple times this week, and I am so lucky to have Sister Gallagher here to help me see the good in everything.

I love you all so much!!! MAHAL KO KAYO!!!!

Sister Morton

No comments:

Post a Comment