Monday, January 16, 2012

January 15, 2012

Pamilya at mga kaibigan ko!

This week was kinda crazy, but GREAT!!!! Right after I emailed last week we headed to the ear, nose and throat doctor. I felt like I had an ear and sinus infection. Turns out it's just some kinda of -itis that is causing pressure in my ears. So don't worry I'm okay. I think it will just take some time for my body to adjust to the humidity, pollution and the smoke from the investigators stove (fire pit) :)

I was kinda nervous to be going to a doctor here in the Pines, ok like really nervous. Things aren't exactly what I would call clean here and the last thing I needed was to catch an actual infection from the doctors office. When we pulled up in the trike I was relived because it was a brand new building and it didn't look like it had been standing long enough for any cockroaches to move in yet. ( I have killed 4 in our apartment and it's usually at 3 in the morning when I walk into the bathroom- not the funnest thing to do when you are half awake, ha ha :) Anyways. Inside was really nice and I learned that a lot of the missionaries had been there before and the doctor spoke ok english. So I sat down in the chair and watched him sterilize the camera- another relief :) and then he stuck the camera in my ears and took some photos and showed me the screen. He then proceeded to stick the camera, with out cleaning it, into HIS ear to show me that my ears looked fine. Talk about customer service. He cleaned the camera off and then stuck it in my nose. And yup then stuck it in his own, without wiping, to show me the difference. At least I knew that I wasn't contagious. My sinuses were really red and inflamed in comparison. I got some nasal spray and am doing much better. I just hope that I don't have to get a colonoscopy while I am here :) Too funny!

So the other GREAT part of the week, the GREATEST part of the week- I have a new companion!!! Sister Gallagher!!!! She is from Pleasant Grove and this is her last transfer. I am already sad that I only get to spent 6 weeks with her, but am so greatful for it and so grateful for the missionary she has become. She is AMAZING at teaching and so so great at Tagalog. We have only been together a few days but have gotten really close and I have learned SO MUCH already. I thought it was crazy how many stares I would get walking through the streets before, but now it is double time because of us two whities. We were sitting in a jeepney and I said to her "We are from Lindon and PG and we are sitting in a jeepney in the Philippines on the other side of the world and we are companions." How cool is that?!? I still catch myself being amazed at this crazy place I am in and that I am finally a missionary.

Jerwin is great. He is so smart and I warned Sis. G about it. In the lessons he asked us a TON of questions and after Sis G was like "wow, I know you warned me, but wow." She did so great though and I really can't express how great of a teacher she is. Some of our other investigators/less actives have responded so well to how loving and bold she is. She has a GREAT testimony and it shows. She is also forcing me to teach in Tagalog. I love it and feel like I am getting better. I'm starting to feel like a missionary more and more everyday. It's so great.

I know without a single doubt that this church is true and the Book of Mormon has the answers we all need. I am extremely grateful for this opportunity I have to share this with the people of the Philippines. I know that this gospel is the ONLY way to return to our Father in Heaven. Even though most of the people here have nothing, and live in shacks that aren't as nice as the tents we have in America, I can help them to receive the most important and valuable thing there is. I have felt the Spirit so so strong and I can feel the love that our Heavenly Father has for each one of us. I love you all and hope you can feel my love wherever you may be.

MAHAL KO KAYO LAHAT!!!!

Sister Morton

No comments:

Post a Comment