Monday, June 18, 2012

June 11, 2012

SO.... I am SO TIRED right now. So hopefully I will make sense, especially since I feel like my english is taking a turn for the worst. Not that my Tagalog is getting any better though. Hopefully I won't come home talking like a caveman, not knowing tag or english. for reals.... ha ha. We had zone P-day today and we hiked a MOUNTAIN. It didn't seem like we did that much but sitting in this dark little internet shop I am about to fall asleep. :) The hike was so PRETTY!!!! Really a year ago I was hiking around the desert by the green river and today I was hiking in the jungle. I kept having to remind myself that I wasn't in a movie set, and that the "tarzan" vines hanging from the trees were REAL. It was so cool. I would upload some pics but I don't trust the internet shop computers... i'll have to figure out a way to upload some without worrying about losing them. :)


I think I have already mentioned this is probably more than one of my previous emails but it has been so apparent this week I can;t help but talk about it again. God has a plan that is perfectly designed for each one of us. Seriously. It is so crazy to me how I have seen things that I had no idea how they would turn out, but then looking back it was PERFECT. I am learning more each and everyday that everything we face, every hardship, challenge, trial, disappointment and whatever else that doesn't go the way we hope or expect is just an opportunity to grow and become better- if we let it, actually if we choose to let it. I know that as I have tried to put my faith in the fact that Heavenly Father has a plan for how He wants me to turn out- which I know is far better than what I can make of myself- and I rely on Christ to help me through I have grown and been SO BLESSED. Trials are just blessings, sometimes disguised as something we don't feel we can handle or feel like we deserve but if we use our trials to become stronger than we were before we realize after all is said and done it was a blessing. This has happened SO many times on my mission so far. I really don't feel like I deserve all of these blessings and everything I have been blessed with, especially with such a great family and great friends. I hope you all know how grateful I am for each of you!



I received some sad news this week. The Bishop from my first ward, Bishop Guerra (who I love and got super close with his family) had a heart attack and past away last sunday. I was so sad! This life is so short and we really don't know what will happen tomorrow. We were talking to a couple of members when I got the news and a butterfly flew by and they said that if you see butterflies when someone dies it is special. Which is crazy because every time I see a butterfly I just think of Hollie :)



I love you all and I hope that everyday is a happy one even though there are challenges and trials.



PINAKAMAHAL KO KAYO LAHAT!!!!!!!!!!



Sister Morchan- Yeah they can't pronounce morton very well here in Calamba ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment