Tuesday, December 27, 2011

December 25,2011

LAHAT KAYO! Merry Christmas!
Christmas was great here and it was SO GOOD to talk to all of my family! It didn't really feel like Christmas here with all the heat and humidity, but it was still really great! Our ward Christmas part was on Friday, from ONE to NINE! They LOVE Christmas here. We were only there for the last couple of hours but we played some games and fed us (photo of food :) On Christmas eve had curfew at six, so we ate at a members house and then went home and I was able to write a bunch of letters.



Christmas was GREAT! I talked to my mom and fam and then went to church. During the phone call we talked about how I still don't know the language and how it will be easier to be here once I feel like I can start making a difference. After church there was an investigator who came with a friend. His name is Jerwin and he is 19. He wanted us to start teaching him right then and so we did. He know SO much about the bible and is really interested in the church because he read the testimony of Joseph Smith in the Book of Mormon his friend gave him. He speaks pretty good English and I was actually able to teach! Half way through the lesson we had to go outside because they were locking up the church. As we were walking he turned to me and said, "Sister Morton, I want you to teach me all the things today, so that I can be baptized." He is so eager to know and it is so great to be teaching him. I had to explain that it will take some time and that he needs to keep reading, praying and coming to church. It was a good day. After the lesson we had dinner with the senior sisters who live next door. We had sloppy joes and it was MASARAP! It is so nice getting homemade american food every once in a while. The senior sister are so great and they take such good care of us. I was able to skype my dad and fam this morning to finish off all the Christmas festivities. :)



Even though it is hard to be away from home this time of year I am so grateful I have this opportunity to be here. I have learned that it doesn't matter if you know something if you don't do anything with that knowledge. I know that our Savior lives and I am so grateful for His birth, life and the Atonement. I know that this gospel true and I am happy to be sharing this wonderful message with the people in the Philippines. I love you all and miss you so much, but I know that I will be home before I even know it!



PINAKAMAMAHAL KO KAYO!!!!



Sister Morton

No comments:

Post a Comment